Thursday, October 27, 2011

Jeremy Irons Is The Fucking Man

So I've been improving my mastery (or basicstery, really, but that's not a word) of the mainstream open-source imaging softwares (GIMP being awesome for painting and all but my tablet screen being possibly wonky, time to branch out); meaning Inkscape, Scribus, and the various charting capabilities of Libreoffice. It is by the way, slow as hell going. My InDesign/Illustrator experience was marred by, well, let us say a youthful inability to sit still for two minutes and learn the environment. This is proving less trying this time around.
I've started giving myself prompts to design towards, one of which is doing some Lion King posters (because uh, it's there, I guess?). Here's a preliminary layout for one (two maybe color schemes)....



Obviously I'm not going with the right hand one, the ideal palette is in yellows and greens (I've always thought Scar's best scene is the fascist musical number, so we'll be grabbing our colors from that..), I just wanted to test Scribus's ability to shift colors.

Also, I really do like these two programs, so tutorials or walkthroughs are probably gonna happen, I just might want to get a tighter grip on them first.... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment